As the situation relating to COVID-19 continues to evolve we wanted to provide an update to all of our clients.
As of today – April 3rd, 2020 – All of the MAC teams across the country (Bristol, Leeds, London, Manchester, Milton Keynes and Sheffield) are continuing to work and where possible our staff members are now working from home.
In line with recent announcements from Robert Jenrick, Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, construction sites are continuing to operate under new restrictions that follow Public Health England guidance on social distancing and the Site Operating Procedures (SOP) which were published by the Construction Leadership Council earlier this week.
Therefore, we have implemented the following procedures to ensure the safety of our teams where they are required to attend site in addition to providing this advice to our clients where their site operations continue:
- Any non-essential physical work that requires workers to be within 2m of one another will not be carried out.
- All work must be planned to minimise contact between workers.
- Re-usable PPE must be thoroughly cleaned after use and not be shared between workers.
- Single use PPE must be disposed of after use and not be reused.
- Stairs should be used in preference of lifts and hoists.
- Where lifts and hoists are essential, usage capacity must be reduced, and all touch points must be regularly cleaned.
- Increased ventilation must be introduced in enclosed spaces.
- Site vehicles must be regularly cleaned between the use of operators.
We continue to monitor the situation and the associated government advice and will continue to update clients should things change.
If any clients have any concerns about scheduled meetings or how this may affect any projects, please contact the team.
Contingency plans are in place in case the advice from the Government changes.